With a significant portion of merchants switching to internet and cloud based processing, there is a greater risk of data breach. The Payment Care Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC), the same organization that creates the standards for PCI compliance, has released a Small Merchant Guide to Safe Payments. This document covers some of the risks that small businesses face and provides basic guidance on how to mitigate risk and make your organization a less desirable target.
Some of the points they address are:
- Don’t give hackers easy access to your systems
- Use anti-virus software
- Scan for vulnerabilities and fix issues
- Use secure payment terminals and solutions
- Protect your business from the Internet
- For the best protection, make your data useless to criminals
For further reading, the document can be found at:
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 1-800-644-3909 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Agapay Team